The Long day...

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Every fortnight, we girls will scoot out the garden city and head towards our native 'city'.Home sickness u see;-) It was on one saturday,during our stay in Bangy unlike any other week, myself and GIB* woke up very early i.e., around 8 AM. There was a power cut in the hostel..So could not continue sleeping...and having no other work, we planned to do something useful:)That ended up as a funny experience.

I have little pimple kind of 'papule' on my face... my Doctor aunty advised (??) me to visit a dermatologist so that it can be removed and i can prevent it from coming up further more.. It wasn't very obvious on my face and so my Mom did not recommend to do that. I was discussing this with my friends too... Yeah, coming back, since we didn't have any quality job to do that saturday morning, I had a wise(Again??) thought "Why should not I listen to Aunty's words and meet a Dermatologist?.Basically I am allergic to Hospitals and Doctors, but since GIB was voluntarily helping me to take to hospital, we both dressed up and decided to meet the Doctor.But which Hospital?? then people around me were telling about that BIG hospital which is very close to the place I stay.This Hospital is a very famous as well.

That was the first time we were into that Hospital. It was looking like the same BIG hospitals which we see in movies, where Doctors will perform a Heart surgery in stomach,without forgetting to place a 'scissor' and stitch the pit very carefully and wiping out all the bank balance of Patient's;-). I was imagining the same and in the mean while I was 'subjected' to many foramalities.It was long process to meet the dermatologist. Right from getting my admit card till registering my name to the concerned doctor, it was very long. I know it would be a few minutes job to examine me and tell me what has to be done further. Since this is a Big hospital, we were made to wait. I haven't seen such a crowd in hospitals...Every counter had a long queue. We reached the hospital by 9.30 AM and we were sent to the concerned Dermatology section by 1.00 PM. God! It was really a long day for us.

Atlast we reached the Dermatology section where we found hundreds of human heads again waiting to meet the Doctor. There were some 5 or 6 Doctors for advise. I reported to a nurse sitting outside the Doctor's cabin collecting all the damn forms we were given in the main counter. I handed over my forms to her and she asked me " Hey, tell me the Doctor's name whom you prefer to consult with"...Oh there are options...I wasn't knowing any Doctors particularly there..So after a pause I answered , "A good one!" The Person standing next to me started laughing and this nurse gave me a weird look....who cares! She wasn't pleasant to me and with anyone either around there...Then she gave me an honourable seat in the waiting room and GIB was already ready to doze off ..Poor she! The time was around 1.50 PM and we were still waiting. Then my name was called and we met the Dermatologist.It was a matter of 10 mins the Doctor examined my face, and asked my opinion about removing the 'papules' on face.Damn! what do I know? She told it is advisable to remove and there is no harm even if I don't.We thanked her and came out.I was put in a dilemma.To remove it or not to? I told my mom anyways, but will it pain???will they use any knife?Blood???????God!!Then again in the eyes of that bad bad nurse..She collected hundred bucks as the consultation fee...and remember I already paid 200 bucks in the main counter for a single white slip with my name written on that with a junk number suffixed to it. The nurse asked me If I would like to remove the 'papules'...And stupid me, asked her innocently "will it pain mam? will they use any knifffffffee..." .Before me finishing it,she started to yell at me..Basically she has a manly voice I guess...."Hey If u come to hospitals,don't talk about the pains...If you are scared about that, why do you come here?I'm not sitting here to counsel everyone about the pain and agony during 'surgery'..Not a social service i'm doing here either..and blah blah...." .She finished it and started to enquire others. Myself and GIB were like taken back..We can't talk back also...Many sympathetic looks were on us...we were clueless on what to do further...Why the hell I got this thought of removing the papules? Of all the hospitals in Bangalore,why should I come to this one and stand before this lady? .... We were quiet,but again and again the word "surgery" kept knocking my mind.. Oh then its a surgery now for me?? I called up my mom and told what happened. She advised me, "since this is a very very minor illness,no such complications will happen.And you have come all the way, waited for these many hours, So better do it and come. But if you are really getting scared about that, then leave it" Me again in dilemma.GIB called up her 'Doctor' brother and asked for advice..hehehe...See, how we created a scene.

Then We decided, Ok we have come here,waited for hours,so we can't go back..So I went again to the nurse and told her, "i will remove it". She smiled.The angry face was better than this.Then she asked me to pay 250 bucks in the counter for the 'operation'.I did it. We were made to sit again into the waiting room to meet the surgeon.The time was 2.30PM.We both were very hungry and very tired:( After a few minutes, the nurse came again saying, "I forgot to ask you pay for the injections and the medicines during surgery..So better go and pay 50 bucks in the counter". I did it. The time was around 2.45. Another nurse came out from the surgeon's room aka operation theatre calling my name. Fear filled my heart. I went inside. It was like a theatre, not an operation theatre..Around 15 to 20 student Doctors in white coats inside. I don't know to whom I should report to.Man, who is the Doctor here?Finally a guy among them introduced himself and asked me what has to be done. I told him that I've come here to remove the papules. Then he was just holding my face and was examining(??).The other 15 to 20 students standing inside the room rushed towards me, sorry, towards my face and was looking into it seriously. I can't even open my eyes. If I do, I can see all human faces 'close up' with curious eyes.My face had become an exhibition that day. That Doctor fellow was describing the papules in some "medical terms". It sounded like some biological-zoological names we studied in higher secondary:p. After the class on 'feni's face' Doctor asked me to wait outside. Again??:(. I came out.GIB with all curiosity asked me "Is it over?".. "hmmmhmm...nothing is started yet babe"My answer.We again waited. That was an examination session it seems..that nurse told me. A girl, 2 guys and a old granny were waiting in the Queue to meet the Doctor with me. The guy who was sitting in the front seat went inside. He came back after 15 minutes. Believe me...He was looking like a 'ghost' after that 15 minutes inside the room. He was normal before.Now, his face is full of Plasters. I can see only his eyes and lips. His eyes were watery.Or was it my imagination that he cried or something during operation? He can't open his mouth also.The nurse gave him a prescription and he 'ran away' from that place.Seems after operation face is this and it is over.Next the girl sitting before me went inside. I was sweating. GIB was holding my hands and consoling as if I'm going to some warfield.The fear was so strong and the pit of my stomach tensed up. I heard the voice of the girl who went inside...It was ahhh..ooohhhhh....Cold chills ran from the top of my head to the soles of my feet..I can't sit there any longer....I told GIB in her ears "Shall we run away from this place?I'm scared". The nurse was looking into my eyes...It was still more scary.Without any pause GIB replied "If 'Yes' for you, no probs for me"..Poor she..Guess she too got scared. Luckily the nurse went inside another room near by...and we both stood up and literally ran away from that place. I didn't have guts to turn back and check if anyone is noticing.I was more like a paranoid telling GIB "Heyyy seems they are calling my name"...It is a long route from the Dermatology section to the main gate...We didn't talk much till we reach the gate.Finally, we are now in the Hospital main roads. I just turned back. None was following us..hehehe....Myself and GIB laughed like hell.We bought a 'corn' eating it, laughing we reached the hostel. Thank God!

The money I paid to the hospital is a waste now.But no other way for me..I wasn't willing to take the 'risk' . It became a different experience for me.We had a good fun on that day in hostel.Fun apart,I was worried
Am I still immature?? :(

Disclaimer: *GIB: Genie in a Bottle (The nick I gave to my friend:) )
I found the pic attached with this post, an apt one:)
 
posted by Feni at 12:09 PM, |

15 Comments:

  At August 31, 2006 5:31 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
nice blog....
  At August 31, 2006 5:33 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
very nice creativity,you can think about to get in to cine field..
  At August 31, 2006 5:36 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
I felt I finished one forensic story..
:>)
@Steve: Thanks for the presence:)
@ Durai: HEheheheee:D
  At September 01, 2006 10:21 AM Anonymous Anonymous said:
only reaction i can give.. :D

lol

nice one..
though it seemed like a marathon ;)
@anon: Hahahaa...thanks anyways
Pooor GIB!!!! Good and funny write up..!!! u need not worry, this show ur still immature!! :D and how vettii u are''!!
@ Ben: Thanks 'busy bee':D
ayyo...ayyo...orey comidi...:D
hahahha!! Feni!! this is too good to be true...u just reminded me of my own visit to the big hospital!! ahahah!!!
ps..rini here!
@the last adam:Many thanks:D
@Rini:Thanks dear
feni! I feel bad for ur friend here!!! It's tough to just wait and do nothing!!! Hehe..

As for you, life teaches you a lot of lessons mate and I guess this was just one of them!!!

Good description... you do have a good creative mind... dont take this as a criticism please, but a little touch up on ur language and your blog will be even better!!!! And for the 'touch up', u just need to keep writing! Just take this as an advice from an ex-journo friend from Mumbai...

I really admire your creative mind though!!! way to go lady!! u r an awesome story teller!!!!
@ Blessen: Thanks for the Comments..Yeah true!Me being an amateur blogger, should improve on writing skills....Well,your comments are always there only inspire and make me write more:) thanks again!
And about my friend, yeah she is pity but she is my best buddy afterall..hehe;-)
beautiful bean girl.. where did u find her?