Do you love me?

Thursday, May 10, 2007



A thought while reading the scripture...




John 21:15 to 17 (KJV)

"{21:15} So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, [son] of Jonas, lovest thou Me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs. {21:16} He saith to him again the second time, Simon, [son] of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep. {21:17} He saith unto him the third time, Simon, [son] of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep".


Something clicked on reading the above passage. Which place am I giving the Lord? Am I loving Him more than everything else? Am I giving room to something else ? What takes His place? My family? My Friends? My Work? My mobile? My MP3 ?My books?wat else on earth? Am I walking with Him?Am I holding His hands always in the walk of my life?

God insists on loving Him more than anything else..yeah anything else.. Nothing can't /should take His place.

Peace:)
 
posted by Feni at 12:24 PM, |

8 Comments:

Perfect. Though I have been a christian from my childhood it took some time for me to realise this. And thats when I in me surrendered to Him to replace it completely. To add to this in Exodus God says for I the LORD thy God a jealous God, Yes He deserves What is His, and He wants His place in our lives.
  At May 14, 2007 5:56 AM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Hey Thanks! This will get some good thinking out of me!!! Probably this is the right time to see what I'm missing now compared with the past!
@Jo: True..the truly loving, truly faithful God we have..He deserves everything:)
@Ben:Thats great..God bless :)
a nice one feni!!!! Indeed very insightful!!! we do say to ourselves and to others that "I love Jesus"... but upon interogating ourselves, we'll realise what position Christ holds with respect to the other priorities we have!!!

Nice post indeed!!!!
  At May 15, 2007 9:41 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
So very true feni !! How many times do we place are attention on things tat r far less worthy than our beloved saviour !!

A simple mssg well said :)
"...My mobile? My MP3 ?"

:).. Little do we realise that all these that we value so much are gifts from God... A Gift is cherished in the true sense only when one loves the Gifter..... Nice Post... After a long gap.. :-)
eh...I see a catch here...every time the lord asks "do you love me?" he follows it up with a word to take care of his sheep and to feed them...Is he hinting "If you really love me, then take care of your human brethern (his sheep)...the love you show to my children(his sheep) is the proof that you love me above everything else..." ? some food for thought :)

John 10:14"I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know
me—

Thanks for such a beautiful post...my morning is sanctified :)
@such: thanks :)
@the last adam: Thanks Jagan for the insightful thought :)